[dba-SQLServer] linking back...

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Tue Sep 13 18:29:44 CDT 2011

Hi Gustav,

>> The only thing I miss is how to open those links non-exclusively

Don't know if this is applicable in your case. But I've noticed the same behaviour when linking an Access database to Excel: the Access database will be read only as long as Excel holds the connection.
A workaround to this is to edit the connection string in Excel and change the setting "Mode=Share Deny Write" to "Mode=Share Deny None". This will make the db full editable in Access even if it's opened in Excel.
Maybe you can make a similar setting in your app.

Asger