[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server security

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 18 09:54:11 CDT 2011

John:

Yes...

We will be doing some travelling at the end of the week and we would like to
have access to the extended network. My daughters and Son-in-Law (systems
supports, animator and web-site designer (and doll maker)) will be coming
along later and they will need access to their systems as well.

As soon as I turn on the VPN the extended network appears as if we never
left home, it becomes one ...all the ip and loggins are the same. The only
difference is speed of course. One day we will have fiber-optic cabling but
until then...

I have not purchased the full LogMeIn version but use the free version and
of course their Hamachi, for backup.

Jim