[dba-SQLServer] 666+666=?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:38:09 CDT 2011

I guess I forgot to mention the "resolution" aspect. 9*9=81. Add those = 9.
Let's go a step further: ? 9*9*9 = 729. Add those digits = 18. add those and
= 9, and this pattern continues for a long time (forever is a concept
remaining unproved; I have a small temporal window left and I shall leave it
to younger minds to take it further. But it works for at least the next
iteration: 9*9*9*9 = 6561; add these digits = 6+5+6+1 = 18, add those = 9.

Kewl, eh?

Arthur

P.S.
This thread would go unforgiven lest I mention an absolutely fantastic book
called "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe", by Michael S.
Scheirder. Among other things, this book made me appreciate that math is
currently taught ass-backwards in contemporary schools. It ought to be
taught geometry-first, and only after that has been accomplished, venture
into arithmetic (which will follow naturally) and then algebra, and then,
assuming they are all still on the current page, trigonometry. ISBN:
0-06-016939-7. I have a first edition, which when I thought it had gone
missing due to some unrecorded loan, I priced on eBay and at that time it
was going for $130. Fortunately, my friend David stepped up to the plate and
returned it to me.

If you love math and doubly so if you have kids, you must get this book.
It's available in paperback so you won't have to spend the big bucks.