[dba-SQLServer] Completely Uninstall SQL Server

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Jan 17 11:06:50 CST 2012

LOL, well... life is never simple.

I tried to install SQL Server 2008 on my laptop, just the SSMS.  The install complained that there
was a previous version of Visual Studio that was not up to SP1.  It seems the installer tries to
install VS2008 AFAICT.  I do have VS 2010 install which is at the latest SP.  So the SSMS install
won't let me do the install because of an internal (and apparently bogus) error in the install package.

Ya gotta love it.

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it