[dba-SQLServer] Restoring backups

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:05:18 CST 2012

Hello All,

Another link that may be useful is
Expressmaint<http://expressmaint.codeplex.com/>
I am using this for a year or two now on some express machines, but I
expect that it will work just as well on full SQL Server.

It does not help John with the restores, but the sproc is available on the
codeplex site and there may be code there worth reading.

I have a file in my documents named backup.sql and it simple contains the
code to backup a number of databases.  When I am working and want to make a
quick snapshot of my current db, I open the file, ensure that only one DB
is included in the Set statements of a variable and press F5.  I find it
faster than using the GUI.

Mark