[dba-SQLServer] Cancel SQL Server requests initiated from C#

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 17 07:29:36 CDT 2012

I automate SQL Server from C# using the command object to execute various queries.  Some of them are
long running, for example selecting a large recordset into a temp destination table from a source table.

It is possible to shut down my C# program "in the middle" which leaves that query running out on SQL
Server.  Is it possible to somehow tell SQL Server to stop the activity?  Perhaps encapsulate the
SQL in transactions and tell the command object to stop the transaction?

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it