[dba-SQLServer] log file size

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:03:12 CDT 2012

John,

A few questions.

1. What exactly do you mean by "migrate"? Do you really mean "move", or are
you actually migrating, as in from one version or instance to another?
There's a large difference between them.
2. Since your database is, except for the occasional mass-update, for all
intents and purposes, R/O, why bother with the log in either your backups
or your migration or move?

Arthur