[dba-SQLServer] log file size

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 17:53:28 CDT 2012

excellent point... I didn't remember he was all SSD'ed out...  in that case
simply defragging the indexes should suffice, but if that is not important
just peforming a db shrinkfile will be enough and he can save all the
overhead of droping data into a new container...

doing an defrag on SSD's isn't good practice, but I have noticed that index
defragging on these volumes still does yield improved performance, we use a
NetApp SAN, which is really a hybrid SSD w/ spining disk array, generally a
SAN handles all defragmentation internally and away from the OS, but as I
stated index defragging is huge in keeping performance.

-Francisco
You should follow me on twitter here <http://twitter.com/seecoolguy>
Blogs: SqlThis! <http://bit.ly/sqlthis>  | XCodeThis!<http://bit.ly/xcodethis>

<http://db.tt/JeXURAx>