[dba-SQLServer] Previous versions of SQL

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:52:04 CDT 2012

Congratulations on your retirement!  It's awesome that you get to take some
time for fun stuff for your :).

If your plan is to work on sql2012, you wouldn't need any other versions,
you can always upsize your previous sql databases to 2012, however, if you
were planning on supporting clients with pre-sql2012 then you'll need any
version you plan on supporting if you plan on loading their database on
your system.

If you are not loading their database on your system and all you are doing
is making modifications (ie, scripting) I don't think you'd need to change
anything, just change the database version in your database properties and
ensure you are not using any 2012 features when addressing a sql server
2005 script.

Happy times, enjoy!

-Francisco
You should follow me on twitter here <http://twitter.com/seecoolguy>