[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Mon Sep 17 11:01:33 CDT 2012

The simple answer is no.
She is not running the Small Business server with the full version of
SQL Server.

The best thing to do would be to install SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012
Express on the server
and create the database in that.  Then, create the backup stored
procedure and call it from
the MS Access DB.

At 10:49 AM 9/17/2012, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:02:08 +0200
>From: "Gustav Brock" <gustav at cactus.dk>
>To: <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>,
>         <dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com>
>Subject: [dba-SQLServer] SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition
>
>Hi all
>
>A client runs a Small Business 2008 server.
>I need to establish a tiny SQL database which her Access application
>can attach via ODBC.
>
>But can I use the "SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition" that is running
>on the server?
>It has two instances running, SBSMONITORING and Microsoft##SSEE. Can
>I safely create a new database in either of these?
>
>I have full admin rights to the server.
>
>/gustav

Robert L. Stewart
www.WeBeDb.com