[dba-SQLServer] Genealogy of Relational Databases

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Sep 20 07:21:28 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur

You wouldn't have missed it. It is still around but, if you ask me, is a piece of cr.p. A client uses it in a custom app for logging video recordings which creates a database. When this grows too "large" - that's about 50 MB(!) - it usually crashes and you have to repair it which takes about five minutes.

A once major feature of SQLBase was that it ran on NetWare ... as did InterBase by the way (and Oracle 8 as well) - I still have the single-diskette install of InterBase for NetWare somewhere.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 20-09-12 13:19 >>>
That's the one I was thinking of, Gustav! Sheesh, I've used a lot of
databases over the years. That one I liked, but at the same time, thought I
could see the writing on the wall, and its limited future.
A.