[dba-SQLServer] Invalid Object name, SQL 2012

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:14:45 CDT 2013

Have any of you come across this error?

I am running a local instance of SQL 2012 on my box.
I created a few tables and I am now creating a stored procedure.

In the procedure, I get a red underline under one of the table names.

When I mouse over the red underline, it displays: "Invalid object name
'tblTerritoryRsmJunct'"

The select statement DOES work and return the correct values.

SELECT
     R.RegionDesc,
     GSM.Fullname AS GSM,
     RSM.Fullname AS RSM,
     T.Territory,
     T.TerrID AS TerritoryID
FROM tblRegion R (NOLOCK)
  INNER JOIN tblUser GSM (NOLOCK) ON R.GsmUserGuid = GSM.UserGuid
  INNER JOIN tblTerritory T (NOLOCK) ON T.RegionID = R.RegionID
  INNER JOIN (SELECT TerritoryID, MAX(entryDate) as MaxDate
                      FROM tblTerritoryRsmJunct (NOLOCK)
                      WHERE entryDate < @AsOfDate
                      GROUP BY TerritoryID) AS RJ1 ON T.TerrID =
RJ1.territoryid
  INNER JOIN tblRouteSellerJunct AS RJ2 (NOLOCK)
        ON RJ1.territoryID = RJ2.TerritoryID
      AND RJ1.MaxDate = RJ2.entryDate
  INNER JOIN tblUser RSM (NOLOCK) ON RSM.UserGuid = RJ2.RsmGuid

I've even dragged in the table name from the Object explorer so it reads:
[dbo].[tblRouteSellerJunct] but it still underlines it in red.

The file name is 20 characters long. I've named tables with longer names
before.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David