[dba-SQLServer] Access 2007 to SQL Server 2008 over the internet(Cross Posted)

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:35:28 CDT 2013

Hello Jeff

As Francisco says, this is easy to do but you need to take care about when
you start and finish your data exchange.

I have been using Access =>> ODBC =>> SQL Server for many years with no
complaints.

If your data is hypercritical, you need to think about batches and some way
to ensure you get fully complete batches before you complete you
transaction.

There are lots of options but to be honest in many of mine, I just have a
select or an insert and run it and it usually just works.  If you can write
your code so that it can just run a second time, then you will have no
difficulties.

Enjoy :)

Mark