[dba-SQLServer] Access 2007 to SQL Server 2008 over the internet(Cross Posted)

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Aug 13 12:15:47 CDT 2013

Hi Jeff,

I have done it to pull in data from a SQL server db on a hosted web server.
We just use the data for reporting, so connection issues have not been a
problem. If this is for doing actual work you might want to look at using
client side ado record sets or connect bring your working data into temp
tables and then disconnect. Connect again to update the server data. Really
depends on the requirements.

Doug