[dba-SQLServer] Access disconnecting from sql express DB

J- P jnatola at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:17:58 CDT 2013

A little confused here on # 4  , the article you pointed me to says to ENABLE RSS, yet the instructions on turning OFF SNP says to DISABLE RSS

Disable SNP as described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

948496 Update to turn off SNP features for Windows Server 2003 and Windows SBS 2003       Install the hotfix that is described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:      950224 A Scalable Networking Pack (SNP) hotfix rollup package is available for Windows Server 2003   Enable the Receive feature. By using Regedit.exe
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
EnableRSS=1 (Dword)
But when i go to the instructions to turn off SNP per article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496

its says to DISABLE RSS
Right-click EnableTCPChimney, and then
				click Modify.In the Value data box, type
				0, and then click OK.Right-click EnableRSS, and then click
				Modify.In the Value data box, type
				0, and then click OK.Right-click EnableTCPA, and then click
				Modify.In the Value data box, type
				0, and then click OK. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the
				computer.
So do I Enable or Disbale RSS?