[dba-SQLServer] Continuous Forms and Filters

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Apr 24 14:27:57 CDT 2014

Hi Listers.

Access 2010 with SQL2008 BE.  I have a continuous form of client details. I
already have a search combobox for finding a client name but sometimes I may
want to filter for all clients in a city, or in a street. With an Access BE
I can right click on the rows in a continuous form and use the filter
function to filter based on a number of tests. This doesn't seem to work
with an SQL BE..

Does anyone have a solution for this? My only thought is to have a line of
filter controls at the top of the screen and pass these through to the
stored procedure but this seems clunky.

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd