[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Express 2012 - SSRS on Windows 7 Home Premium

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 13 09:12:44 CST 2014

To all,

Wanting to see if I had still retained my knowledge of report development
in SSRS I have downloaded and installed SQL Server Express 2012 Advanced
which provides the management studio and SSRS, however I can not seem to
get to the home page for the reports, apparently it is supposed to be all
configured on installation.  I have been into the reporting services
configuration manager and clicked the link for reporting services, which I
assumed would take me to the home page of the reporting, I get asked for a
username and password but then I get an error on google and nothing on IE.
 I have a feeling I probably have to do something else or SSRS won't work
on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Has anyone else managed to successfully install and use SSRS on Windows 7
Home Premium ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Paul Hartland