[dba-SQLServer] Stored Procedure Syntax using "Update"

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 7 01:20:24 CST 2014

Hi Darryl:

I was just about say that. ;-)

Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darryl Collins" <darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au>
To: "Discussion concerning MS SQL Server" <dba-sqlserver at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 9:33:48 PM
Subject: Re: [dba-SQLServer] Stored Procedure Syntax using "Update"

Aaaah.... That is typical.  Sent this email.  Figured it out about 30 seconds later.  Duh! :)

UPDATE dbo.Key_tblPortions
  SET dbo.Key_tblPortions.EveID = dbo.Temp_tblPortionSteps.EveID

  FROM dbo.Key_tblPortions

  INNER JOIN dbo.Temp_tblPortionSteps
  ON dbo.Key_tblPortions.EveID = dbo.Temp_tblPortionSteps.EveID

Cheers
Darryl