[dba-SQLServer] Appending Data with AutoNumber in SQL Server

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:39:34 CDT 2014

is there any reason you don't simply just restore the backup form the live
database as a "test" database to your target server? Depending on how your
front end app works, (ie, you have an app uid ) then you'll need to migrate
the user to the test server too.

if your test and live databases live on the same server then you can skip
the migration of users.

-Francisco <http://twitter.com/seecoolguy>