[dba-SQLServer] sql2005 express to standard

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 18 03:10:14 CDT 2014

I have always been the if not broke don't fix it guy (with a few
exceptions), if 2005 works for you why change it, also if you remove the
management studio before upgrading (not re-installing) to SQL Server 2005
standard, it "should" go without a hitch, without the need to
backup/restore or detach/attach the databases and the server instance
should remain the same.

Paul