[dba-SQLServer] SQL error in Excel query to IBM DB2 data source

Zimmer, Michael Michael.Zimmer at federalmogul.com
Fri Apr 29 11:47:21 CDT 2016

Hi Gustav,

I've tried to remove the quotes with no results.  I don't know if putting in the quotes is hard coded into the query wizard or not, but removing them returns the exact same error.

I cannot find  a place in the ODBC administration to specifiy the SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER which is an answer I say on the web somewhere.

IBM has a page about this problem with no resolution unfortunately.  http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1017228

The other thing I tried is to change the encoding of the CCSID string from ASCII to Unicode, then Unicode2.  Again with no results.

This is a head scratcher.