[dba-SQLServer] Sayonara

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Oct 10 02:15:00 CDT 2016

Hi Arthur

This is sad news. I recall that years ago you wrote nearly the same but, as it turned out, proved able to defeat destiny. I don't know how you did, but it sounds like this time that power has left you.

You have many friends here, and I remember how honoured I felt once you, as a side note, wrote to me that you counted me among your friends even though we have never met face to face.

Your many contributions to the list have been among those I always read no matter how long I was behind - that was way back when traffic on the list was much higher. And I owe you much as your educated English is both a pleasure to just read - elsewhere you meet so much sloppiness - and often represents an encouraging challenge for people like me not having English as their native language.

Don't know about you, but I don't believe in anything beyond this life. However, I do hope that you the next months will have some good people and your closest family near you and, as a small relief, will rest assured that you have made a difference.

Your old friend
Gustav