[dba-SQLServer] Installing various versions

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 12:15:42 CDT 2017

I have stripped my main squeeze of all traces of MS-SQL Server, and then
run CC Clearner to strip the registry of traces, and then created a
SQL-free backup. Given my semi-retired status, plus the obvious fact that,
in the words of Michael Corleone, "I keep trying to get out, but they keep
dragging me back in," which fact is supplemented by the fact that I'm
typically a few virgins ahead of my set of clients, some of whom are still
using SQL 2008.

I have DVDs of all versions of MS-SQL from 2008 forward. I think I need to
install them all. There are at least two possibilities: a) install them in
sequence side by side; b) create a VM for each and install only one SQL
virgin on said VM. Option b seems, at first blush, preferable.

Any thoughts on this?