[dba-SQLServer] Developer Edition v. LocalDB

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:29:54 CDT 2022

Yes Stuart, quite correct.  My IBM experience was hitting a SQL Server on a
network.

I would argue however that doing it all in sql server and pulling the
results in has an additional advantage.  You just never know when an app is
going to explode and "oops, I need to move to SQL Server. (over a
network)"

I can tell you that migrating this complex 10-20 level deep complex query
mess out of Access into SQL Server was a royal PITA.  Usually this kind of
mess is created by an amateur.  I am not an amateur. There is almost no
downside to just doing it in SQL Server.  So IMHO if the tables are already
in SQL Server then just do the rest in SQL Server.