[dba-SQLServer] Developer Edition v. LocalDB

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:50:51 CDT 2022

There are huge performance benefits to allowing sql server perform all the
queries, joins etc. It can be an order of magnitude faster.

Otoh if the data sets are small and the queries simple it won't make much
difference.

At IBM I was tasked with speeding up an app which layered a couple of dozen
tables. Reports took an hour or more doing it all in access. The users were
literally rebooting their machines because single threaded access 'locked
up'.

When I moved it into sql server it took 90 seconds or so.

Test and see.