[dba-SQLServer] SQL Server Field Data Security

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jun 5 01:23:47 CDT 2023

Hi David

Set up an encrypted field where you store the license info using a key made from a combo of the user ID and some other field, for example the record ID. See my article:

Encryption in VBA using the Microsoft NG Cryptography (CNG) API

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/37113/Encryption-in-VBA-using-the-Microsoft-NG-Cryptography-CNG-API.html?preview=GPJVL38JxkM%3D

Or retrieve the info from a simple API service you host somewhere. But that will require the user to have access to the internet.

/gustav