[dba-Tech] PocketPC question

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Aug 5 11:09:21 CDT 2003

Hi Jeff,
Really depends on the environment it will be used in. If its for general use
I suggest HP(Compaq) models. Many of them come with wireless built in. SD or
CF memory cards give a lot of options as add-ins so you might want to make
sure the model you get accepts the type of memory card you need it to. I
have the iPaq 1910 (which is the least expensive HP model had last year). It
does me fine but it doesn't have wireless and it doesn't accept CF cards
which are the less expensive type (and also the type which has the most
accessories.). I believe PocketPC 2003 has wireless built into the OS (2002
did not).

If it needs to be "out in the field" you might want to check Toshiba's
models (or some of the other ruggedized model). There are some mags out
devoted to handhelds but I can't remember the names right now.

Good Luck
John