[dba-Tech] WXP Inbult Firewall

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 17 08:45:22 CDT 2003

On 17 Aug 2003 at 13:36, Andy Lacey wrote:

> Personally I use ZoneAlarm because I already did before I switched
> from W98 to WXP. But friends are asking me what's wrong with just
> switching on XP's inbuilt firewall (ICF). I don't know the answer.
> Anyone?

For starters it only monitors inbound traffic. Whereas Zone Alarm
monitors in and out.

It doesn't allow you to select apps can or can not access the 'net or
come in from the net.

Those two reasons are enough for me to never consider the built-in
firewall anything more that marketingware.

My $0.02 worth
Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... but a true friend
will be sitting next to you saying ^Damn... We ****ed up.^