[dba-Tech] Norton Firewall

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Aug 20 10:00:49 CDT 2003

Hi Andy,
You can add or remove open ports from Norton Firewall (NF). My port 1025 is
not open. I checked with ShieldsUp and Leaktest and everything is secure.

To check it out, open NF and go to options there should be a list of which
ports are open. The way to do this is different in every version so I can't
help you beyond that. I've used NF since it first came out and am now using
Norton Internet Security 2003, so if that's the version you're using I can
try to make it more clear.

BTW: Steve Gibson (ShieldsUp author) does recommend you update your NF to
version 2.55 or higher.

John B.