[dba-Tech] Norton Firewall

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 20 11:43:01 CDT 2003

RE: [dba-Tech] Norton FirewallHaving gone to the page and read some of the
thing.

Steve Gibson is a nut.  Kinda.  but a VERY technically astute nut.

Last I read (from his own web page) he does ALL of his programming in
assembler.  That qualifies as a nut in my book.

He was the god of DISK stuff way back in 1991 when I was doing testing for
Stacker data compression.  The most knowledgeable person around on disks,
their problems, how to rescue them, etc.

It appears he has moved on to internet related stuff.

I very much admire the guy.  He may be a nut, but he's a smart nut, who
knows of what he speaks.
John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com