[dba-Tech] Security measures

Tortise@Paradise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 27 18:38:33 CDT 2003

For what its worth a strategy I have employed is to use RAID IDE (mirroring) drives, use 3 drives, make two of them cold swappable,
and at intervals swap the drives and copy the image to the "new" drive"
Should all hell break loose you reinstall the old drive, and update and run off that one, and resume copying from there.
It is very cost effective, although not tested in the sense of being really needed.  Still I like these things happening on my
terms.  LOL
Kind regards,
David
Engines2Go - Now THAT's a Search Engine!
Automated major search engine manager
Makes searching quicker and easier - Have you tried it?
http://www.engines2go.com/
http://www.cheqsoft.com/  The home of Clipboard Express, MP3 Detective, TimesOwn and Break Reminder.