[dba-Tech] Security measures

Tortise@Paradise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 28 04:47:54 CDT 2003

I use RAID mirrors (hardware) but a disk mirror is only usefull for a
disk crash, not a system crash.
If your OS crashes your mirror is a mirror of your crashed system :-(

=>Yep, that's why there is a 3rd drive in the system I described.  You just plug in the third, remove the first two and the 3rd will
run.  (This can be readily tested during drive swaps.)
Then overwrite the other two in turn.

Kind regards,
David
Engines2Go - Now THAT's a Search Engine!
Automated major search engine manager
Makes searching quicker and easier - Have you tried it?
http://www.engines2go.com/
http://www.cheqsoft.com/  The home of Clipboard Express, MP3 Detective, TimesOwn and Break Reminder.