[dba-Tech] Security measures

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Aug 28 09:28:49 CDT 2003

RE: [dba-Tech] Security measuresJon,
I was refferring to the free version not "pro". I'm quite sure now that, at
least the free version I downloaded about 6 months ago did not allow for
home networking. It could have changed but then I'm not going to keep trying
something every couple of months.

I was not impressed by it in comparison with Norton's firewall - and I know
that's not a fair comparison because I was comaparing norton's full pay for
product with Zone Alarm's free product. But that's why some companies offer
a free download of the full version for trial use? So people don't jump to
conclusions about their software based on a crippled version.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with ZoneAlarm Pro, I just simply
don't know.

John B.