[dba-Tech] FORM TEXT codes in word

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Dec 11 09:45:07 CST 2003

Hi Bryan and Erwin,

In the locked document, the Tools|Options. . .|View Tab the Field Codes
check box is not checked.  It appears empty and grayed.
In the imported locked document - that is the one I inserted into a
fresh blank document - the FORMTEXT did appear, and, of course the Field
Codes check box is checked.

My standard setting is to have the Field Codes check box checked - yet,
when I open Erwin's locked document, I do not see FORMTEXT, I see the
expected series of little cirlce place holders.  When I insert the
locked document into a fresh document, the FORMTEXT does appear.

I will be very interested to know your user's result after following
Bryan's excellent suggestion.

Tina