[dba-Tech] My W2K problem

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 7 21:53:32 CDT 2003

On 7 Jul 2003 at 23:03, Andy Lacey wrote:

> But how can I resolve this (or even see if it's the issue) when I
> can't get into Windows to run Regedit. And booting from a dos disk
> doesn't even show me a c: drive (can't you do this with W2k?).

Easy. With Linux :)

Have a look at: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

This is a Linux boot disk with NTFS support. It is usually used to
reset forgotten passwords, but there is a BASIC registry editor.

"This release features full basic registry edit with add/del keys and
values and resizing values."

There are limitiation to is, but it may give you what you need to at
least get in a little bit.

I have never used this, but I've heard good things about it.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again.