[dba-Tech] MP3 duration

Lembit Soobik Lembit.Soobik at t-online.de
Mon Jul 14 14:05:58 CDT 2003

So far I had only found information in the header to calculate the duration of an MP3 song.
This becomes a bit timeconsuming with the VBR (variable bitrate) MP3s. there you have to read each frame and identify the bitrate and calculate the duration of that frame.
Now I have seen in WinXP that the property of MP3 files shows the duration.
I cannot beleive that they each time calculate it.
does anybody know where it is stored? probably in the part where the title, Author etc is, but anybody have more info?

thanks

Lembit Soobik