[dba-Tech] WordPerfect 5.1 DOS mode is back

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Nov 19 13:02:58 CST 2003

>> Plus, save time and never take your hands off the keyboard by
implementing the WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS keyboard shortcuts. <<

I love it! My association with WP began with version 3.x. I loved it immediately because its concept of hidden codes corresponded so closely to the old DEC WPS program that I used on the DEC...I forget the name of it now. It wasn't a DEC terminal, it was one of the three different PC-type boxes that Digital made in the early 80s. One was the Rainbow 100 that allowed you to run DOS; another was the Professional 350 (?) that was a mini-PDP-11; and the other emulated the DEC word processing software on PDP-8s and -11s. The "gold" key and all that...

I think I'll check with the people on the Corel Paradox forum I subscribe to to find out about it.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.