[dba-Tech] WordPerfect 5.1 DOS mode is back

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 08:32:02 CST 2003

Ralph,

>> DECMATE <<

That's it! I worked with the guy who had a contract with DEC to do upgrades to the PDP-8 O/S, if you can believe it. He was a certifiable genius. He got me to appreciate WPS. Then I moved on and found that WordPerfect used the same formatting metaphor. Piece o' cake to adapt. Too bad that their move to Windows bogged them down so badly vis-a-vis Word.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

Disclaimer: No tree was killed in the transmission of this message. However, several coulombs of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.