[dba-Tech] List of Reports

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 15:14:28 CST 2003

Dear Lists(s):

In my manual I have an appendix of reports.  Since the reports are all landscape, the report titles are in text boxes turned vertical.

I've figured out how to use the Index and Tables thingy and it's great for inserting my TOC, list of figures, and list of tables.  The problem I'm having is getting some text onto the page with each report which won't show on the report page (in a unique style, which I can do) which won't show on the page but will be picked up by the table thingy to make a nice TOC for my reports.

I tried the hidden thing, which works except now I can't see the text - don't even know where to find it.  Most of the page is covered by an inserted jpg of a report.

Anyway, rather than wrestling this thing into submission, which I can certainly do (I did two reports, made the table, worked fine, lost some hair), does anybody know of a slick way to do this?

It would be nice of the table thingy 'saw' the text in the text box.  But I don't think it does.

MTIA

Rocky