[dba-Tech] Re: Virus mail

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Oct 26 03:03:56 CST 2003

On 25 Oct 2003 at 20:44, Kathryn Bassett wrote:

> Drew said:
> > Ya, the free method is to stop the messenger service on your machine.  Or,
> > if you need the messenger service, install Zone Alarm.  (Though I had stuff
> > like that get through Zone Alarm before, had to tweak the settings a bit.
>
> I do have ZA (the free version).
>
> Francisco said:
> > Sygate Personal Firewall will stop those for you.
> > and for personal use it IS free.
>
> Will there be a problem if both are installed? ZA works for everything else except those blasted gray popups, I don't want to mess it up.

There's no point in running more than one firewall if it is capable
of doing the job.

I switched from ZA to Kerio Personal Firewall (free for home and
personal use) some time ago because I found it much more configurable
and also easy to use.

First time *anything* tries to get through either way, it will tell
you exactly what it is and prompt you to "create a rule" to either
perimt or deny that particular application/port etc in future.

http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg