[dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Pop-up Context Menu

Stoker, Kenneth E Kenneth.Stoker at pnl.gov
Fri Oct 31 12:14:16 CST 2003

Great!!!  Worked like a charm.  Thanks.

Ken Stoker
Technology Commercialization
Information Systems Administrator
PH: (509) 375-3758
FAX: (509) 375-6731
E-mail:  Kenneth.Stoker at pnl.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: MartyConnelly [mailto:martyconnelly at shaw.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Internet Explorer Pop-up Context Menu

Oh that one.
I am not sure but scan around on google for some variation on this
method. This changes the registry so take care. There are freeware tools

to do it. If you have something odd there, try running AdAware to
pinpoint it and remove it first. This may be your best bet.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Manual Procedure:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Click [Start] [Run] type [REGEDIT]
2. Navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\MenuExt.
Each subkey of this key represents one menu item. Many will include an
ampersand (&) to define the underlined key associated with the command.

Highlight the key you want to delete (for example,
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Zoom
&In). Choose Export from the Registry menu and export that branch to a
file.

Now delete the key.

Stoker, Kenneth E wrote:

>Sorry, I'm talking about when you right click within a web page, you
>get a menu that contains options like Back, Forward, View Source,
>Print, Refresh, Copy Background, Save Background, etc.  There is an
>option in there that I don't want, that I want to remove.
>
>Ken Stoker
>Technology Commercialization
>Information Systems Administrator
>PH: (509) 375-3758