[dba-Tech] Office Toolbar

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Apr 7 12:26:51 CDT 2004

Ed,
Use the quick launch toolbar (in the Windows taskbar). Right click on the
task bar and choose Toolbars | New. You can place it anywhere on the desktop
either along the border or floating, you can have it auto hide like the
taskbar and you can have it refer to a folder so that it just displays the
contents of a folder. That is what I do.

I have a folder, lets call it "Shortcuts", which I place all of my shortcuts
in. I then check Show Text and Show Title. I shorten the toolbar all the way
to one side of the taskbar until it only show the taskbar name title
"Shortcuts" and a little double arrow shows up next to it "Shortcut >>".
When I click the arrows the entire list of shortcuts pop up and I click on
whichever I want. If I want a new shortcut (or even a document that I'm
working on a lot) I just place in the shortcut folder and it appears on the
toolbar from then until I remove it. This makes managing my toolbar as easy
as managing a folder. Of course this isn't for everyone and I have clients
that do other things with it once I show them the options - play away!

It can do everything the MOT could do, doesn't consume as much RAM, and is
stable (doesn't cause conflicts with other software-MOT is widely regarded
as unstable).

HTH
good luck!
Joh B.