[dba-Tech] W2K Setup & Admin Principles

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 07:41:08 CDT 2004

Yes I think I've seen software that does that too, but not any of the main
software we use here (Office 97, Outlook 2000, Norton AV, Zetafax) for sure.
As W2K was built on NT, and as NT had in-built support for multiple desktops
this still doesn't feel like the professional solution to me, but maybe it's
as good as W2K gets. And what about Outlook? Having installed it to Admin I
can't just copy the shortcut because I need each user to have a different
profile, store their PST or OST in different places etc. How do I do that
neatly? Is there anything in Group Policies (never been there so just
guessing) that addresses all this.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk