[dba-Tech] SP2

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 13:52:58 CDT 2004

Rocky,

The only things I've noticed so far have been that a couple Quicken applications (QuickBooks Pro 2001 and Quicken 2000) don't seem to want to start up unless I'm logged in as Administrator (I've made myself a Limited user). These fall in line with TurboTax as applications I cannot run unless logged in as Administrator.

No firewall issues yet; I use ZoneAlarm Pro and a D-Link router. Actually I haven't even looked where to turn off any Windows firewall feature yet.

Steve Erbach

"IBM had every chance to end the Windows monopoly with OS/2 but shot itself in the foot, ankle, shin, knee, and hip, reloading each time, before giving up." - Jerry Pournelle