[dba-Tech] Free Performance Booster?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Dec 9 02:44:13 CST 2004

Hi Mark

Yes, though the free Lite thing only. Didn't make much of a difference
but neither did my machine have a speed issue.

/gustav

>>> mark.breen at gmail.com 08-12-2004 20:17:56 >>>
Hello Gustav,

Did you use the XP Lite?

I was working on a PC last week that was standalone, no CD ROM and no
network card even, it was fast and very comfortable to use.

It made me think about my own PC with '00's of services running and I
realised that more CPU power may not be the way to go.

Of course, perhaps we do not need XP Lite, we could just turn off some
of the services, but then you wonder, "maybe I need that"

Thanks for the tips,

Mark

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:12:47 +0100, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk>
wrote:
> Hi Arthur
>
> These "boosters" and "optimizers" are fake.
>
> Only hard work counts:
>
>  http://www.ccleaner.com/
>
> It will clean up your machine at zero cost.
> The other methods are called "adding more ram"
> - and "remove spyware":
>
>  http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
>
> Also XP Lite:
>
>  http://www.litepc.com/
>
> A free somewhat limited version is available.
>
> /gustav

> Does anyone know of a free Windows performance booster ala the
> commercial product PC Booster? In my current state of
impecuniousness,