[dba-Tech] Word2000 to PDF

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 20 22:50:05 CST 2004

I don't know if this is any help but with the release of 6.0 I have been
able to open a PDF to an exact page
but never to a bookmark, you can do this as well from IE via explorer
navigate method.
A page is as fine as I have been able to do.

Sub RunAdobe()
'for options see
' http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/PDFOpenParams.pdf
Dim intRet As Integer
Dim intPage As Integer
Dim strPDF As String
Dim strCommandLine As String
   intPage = 1
   strPDF = """C:\records management\aircanadacasestudy.pdf"""
  ' strPDF = """C:\Documents and Settings\marty\My Documents\My
Pictures\VS.tif"""
   strCommandLine = """C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe""" & _
     " /A " & "page=" & intPage & "&zoom=50,250,100 " & strPDF

    Debug.Print strCommandLine
   intRet = Shell(strCommandLine, vbMaximizedFocus)

End Sub