[dba-Tech] Susan Sontag RIP

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Tue Dec 28 13:35:42 CST 2004

I pause for several minutes' silence on the passing of one of USA's
greatest intellectuals, IMO, Susan Sontag. Her initial book, Against
Interpretation, was seminal. Her screenplays were deep. Her novels and
short fiction failed to move me, frankly. But I read every single thing
she wrote, and happened once to be in Berkeley when she was signing
books in a bookstore. I met her then, and only for five or so minutes,
but after reading her and meeting her however briefly I would happily
place her in the "Fuller Top 10 American Intellectuals of the 20th Century".

She will be missed.

Arthur