[dba-Tech] Digital Photo Contact Sheet Generator

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 31 17:15:26 CST 2004

On 31 Dec 2004 at 11:31, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> I am looking for a progam that will scan a folder, and sub-folders,
> and create a contact sheet from them.
>
> It also needs to include the full path, or at least, the relative path
> and file name of the pic.
>
> All the applications that I have tried so far will give me the file
> name, but not the path.
>

> I've got about 600 digital photos that I want to start to get a handle
> on, before it gets way out of control.

Irfanview will only do one directory at a time, but you can use any of the
following substitutions for the filename:

     $D		-	file directory/folder
	$F		-	file name (with extension)
	$N		-	file name (without extension)
	$O		-	file extension
	$S		-	file size
	$T		-	file date/time
	$X		-	file directory index
	$W		-	image width
	$H		-	image height
	$B		-	image bits per pixel
	$C		-	JPG file comment, if available
	$Ix		-	value of the JPG IPTC tag x, if available

You can also use the thumbnail view window to block move/copy images to
assist in organising them.--
Stuart