[dba-Tech] RunDLL32

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 3 13:22:29 CST 2004

At the same site look at
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downright_pages/downrights_pcconfiguration.htm

Starter 5.6.1.23 489K (25-March-2003)
Manage all your startup tasks with Starter. We have for a long time
championed Startup Manager below, but it has not been updated since
1998, so now comes Starter, its replacement. Starter is an absolute must
for anyone who wants to manage background tasks on Windows
95/98/NT4/ME/2000/XP. Starter has picked up where Startup Manager above
left off. Just as with Startup Manager it is a 6-star product which
looks and works almost exactly like Startup Manager except that, thanks
to being more up-to-date, it will find some of the additional Windows
2000/XP startup registry keys which Startup Manager will not. But
Startup takes the product to another level : you can view all the
background tasks that are running on your PC, including the hidden
background tasks which do not show on Ctrl+Alt+Del  extremely useful to
track all background tasks and potential trojan horses. You can
terminate tasks, you can view module dependencies (what DLLs and EXEs
are used, in the background, by a program you are using  say Microsoft
Excel, for instance), you can change task priorities, you can export the
Registry, or parts of it, you can import into the Registry, you can save
a particular view to a file, and lots more. This is the veritable Swiss
Army knife of The Task List & Startup Tasks. FREE.