[dba-Tech] Re: Do I Have a Virus?

Erwin Craps - IT Helps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Fri Jan 9 11:21:05 CST 2004

Well you never now when its a brand new virus....

You could check if your virusdefinitions of your scanner are up-to-date and if so do a full scan of your disk to make sure.
If you wanna be sure, you should do a scheduled weekly scan of your full disk(s).
There is always a riscy timeframe between the distribution, discovery and the cure for a virus your computer can get infected.
It not the first time a virus gets by the scanner (had this more than once with Norton).

Erwin